Thursday, September 28, 2006

Crazy week

Well, things have definitely been busy in the last little while.

Crazy week started off on Sept 16, when we had a fund raising "Formal" to raise money for the youth at Reservoir who are planning on going to Fiji for a youth conference in the new year. Then on Sept 17, we had "family fun day" for the kids and their families at Shop 16 in Resi, and ran carnival games (with a jumping castle) all afternoon. Then on the 18 and 19, we went away to camp, again with the kids from Reservoir. It's school holidays right now in Melbourne, so we had a mini camp for 25 kids, which was really good fun. Then from the 20-23 ACC (Aggressive Christianity Conference) ran, which is sort of an Australian version of SA ROOTS. I participated in the children's venue, and we had just under 40 kids attend that. Seriously some of the most amazing kids I've ever met within the Salvation Army, and I definitely had an amazing time getting to hang out with them for a few days. I spent Sunday pretty much just staying in bed as I was absolutely wrecked from the craziness of the week, and then Sunday night I had my old room mate from the Order come and crash here for 3 nights. Oh, I did get to the "Melbourne Show" two days, which is like the Exhibition in Toronto, so that was pretty fun. And yesterday, today and tomorrow I've been working 9-6 at a daycare centre that I've been at previously, with absolutely fantastic kids. So...needless to say, I've come down with a cold after the extreme business of the past couple of weeks and I'm currently dealing with a runny nose, cough and a lovely man voice as I'm just trying to get through to Saturday, when I can have some much needed down time.

Well, I think that gives an overview to what I've been up to lately. I've posted pictures from all of the events that I listed up above on my msn space, so click here if you'd like to check those out. I also have a few new videos to upload, but I'll post those once I finally get them onto the computer.

Blessings!

No comments: