Friday, January 26, 2007

Snowy January in Toronto

Well, what can I say?? It's definitely been a while since I've posted...especially since I've written something in a post.

I've nearly finished up my stay in Toronto, and will be flying out to Vancouver on Monday to stay with my family out there for a week..and then will be flying to Melbourne to begin year two in Australia.

It really has been a very good visit home. I've had more meals bought for me in the span of 6 weeks then I think I have in my entire lifetime...but its all been accompanied with amazing fellowship, catching up with both family and friends, and just sharing what both I and they have done over the past year.

Christmas was very good. I got exactly what I asked for, which is definitely helps with me going back to Australia...especially the stationary! Our family mini-holiday to Niagara falls was also a really fun time. In all honesty, I don't find the falls that interesting, but I did very much enjoy the time spent with my family.

Nearly everything is in place now to go back to Melbourne. I got my student visa at the beginning of January. I even got a Wii for Matt a couple of weeks ago (fantastic story about how I actually got my hands on one...but I won't type it out right now). And have gotten to do a lot and see a lot of people here in Toronto over the past month or so.

I was a bit nervous about coming home, and the possibility of not wanting to leave again. But, never once since I've been back in Toronto have I not been excited to get back to Melbourne and get my year going there. Oh, I'm definitely scared as anything to start school and to begin a year that is going to be both intense, demanding and very very busy...but I am excited.

It has been good to be home for this time and to just reflect a bit on who I am. I came to know a lot about myself while I was in Australia, and I guess coming back to Toronto has allowed for my two worlds to meet in a way, and for me to again look at who I am and who I want to be. I think it has helped to ground me again and allowed me to put together a fuller picture of what kind of person I am, who is important to me in my life, and what direction I'm going in.

I think leaving my family in Toronto again, is still going to be the hardest part about going to Australia. They're definitely a HUGE part of my life, and have helped to make me who I am...and I'll really be sad to say goodbye yet again. But, I know that they'll still be here, supporting me and praying for me, and before I know it, November will be here and I'll be seeing them again.

Definitely not excited about more planes. A plane ride out to Vancouver. Then a very long plane ride to Hong Kong, where I have a lay over...and then a final very long plane ride to Melbourne. Really really not excited about that. I'm not sure I'll ever quite get over my fear of flying and actually enjoying being in a plane. But, I've just got to know that the motivation to take such a long flight is worth it, and God will get me there in one piece.

I guess that's about it for now. Will try to do better to post more regularly!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther:

Thanks for the insights into your period at home and your expectations for the immediate future.

We are all eager to see you in Van and share our lives with you for that week beginning on Monday next.

Lots of love and prayers

G&G Van.