Saturday, January 15, 2005

Mission Jamaica 2005

Only nine days left before the trip...HOLY GEEZ!!!

The Mission trip that has been in the planning process and thoughts of many for the past several months, is coming up soon..and fast!

On January 23, I am apart of a team of 40 Salvation Army folk who are heading down to Kingston Jamaica for two weeks. We are going to be rebuilding the Salvation Army, Childrens School for the Blind, that was severely damaged when the hurricane hit several months ago. We will be living in the compound that the school is in and working from literally sun up to sun down.

This is my first time going on a mission trip, outside of Canada...and I'm starting to get nervous!! I think my biggest fear about it all, is the flight. It's actually only about a 4 hour flight, which isn't long at all, and I've flown for that long plenty of times going out to BC. BUT...me and flying still don't mix. One of my biggest fears in life actually!

I am getting excited about it all though. I'm looking the most forward to getting to spend time with the kids. We will be working long hours, and really hard core, but hopefully I'll get a lot of chances just to talk to the kids who attend the school that we will be working and living at.

Pretty much the reason for this post though is for a prayer request.

We need prayer for safety for our team..for the flights there and back, but also while we are there. There will be a lot of guys working some serious power tools, spending long hours on roofs, and the whole bit, so prayer for the safety of the team is much needed!

As well, please pray for unity for the team. The only people who I know closely will be my dad and sister who are also coming on the trip. But prayer for the team to stay strong together would be greatly appreciated!

Pray for the mission as a whole. That the work that is planned to get done in these two weeks that we are going, will get done. Pray that we will touch lives and the light of God will shine from us to all though around!

Finally, please pray for me. For me to stay strong on the flight (especially during turbulence..eek!), and that God will use me on this mission trip.

Thanks!!

1 comment:

Agent of Renewal said...

My ptayers are with you and the group! Great opportunity!

Look forward to you sharing your learning, maybe some pics for EDGE.

Blessings! TYS