Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Adventures with mum

Well, I've had a full on past two weeks, as I had my mum visiting from Toronto for 12 days. We definitely saw a lot, both in Melbourne and in other parts of Australia. It was a fantastic visit, and good to see a family member, and just have another Canadian here to run amuck with.

I've got the pictures posted from our adventures, as well as a few videos. Click here to see the pictures, and click here to see the videos.

Oh, job update. For those who I haven't told, I got a job with a Child Care agency, who sends their employees to different child care facilities and day care centers to do casual work when a centre is under staffed. I've gotten a tax file number now, to work in Australia, and under my visa, I can work for up to 3 months for them. So, my availability started yesterday, and I actually got called in straight away to work with toddlers at a day care facility. (I have never wiped so many runny noses in my life! I'd take my punk kids with attitude swearing at me over a group of 9 toddlers any day! Di, I give you huge props for doing this work!) It's not guaranteed how much work I'll get, but it pays well, so even a few shifts every now and then helps out heaps!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girlie you stating you're tired from all the running amuck???? had an amazing holiday mate.

and how do u think i felt with 2 toddlers (you and Jocelyn) and 2 babies (Dio & Donna) running around all the time ... its amazing my hair isn't totally grey and i lost all my marbles ... or perhaps i did and didn't realize it ... lol

congrats on the job ... isn't it interesting how we all find our niche "punk kids with attitude". i prefer the addicts and alcoholics I work with .. interesting ...

love ya mom

Anonymous said...

exactly!! and people say ECE's are just professional babysitters! ARG...now ya know how it truely is! lol.

love ya,
Di