Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pathways

It's probably been two years since I could say that I was blogging regularly...but alas, it's a new year, so we'll give this another shot.

I'm back in the land of Oz..again. Though most would say by now that this is home, and I was in Toronto meerly for summer holidays, which I guess is probably true. Boarding the plane in Toronto airport I sat down and felt tears creep down my face as I found myself thinking "why am I doing this again?" As easier as it may get to actually live in Australia, half way across the world from Canada, it never actually gets any easier to leave Toronto and the people that I love.

2007 brought a lot of unexpected events. The big ones are all common knowledge, so I won't go into detail. But, in reflection, it's almost as if we were heading down this path. A path that we may not have been fully aware of was heading, but became quite comfortable travelling along it anyways. A path that more or less seemed straight, with just a few bumps and curves along the way. Then suddenly..the path ended. It just stopped. Everything we thought we knew ceased to exist in the event of one moment...and we found ourselves only being able to form the question 'why?' We tried to grab onto one another for support, but found that most the time we fell right back down...unable to stand on our own two feet, let alone hold the weight of those next to us.

Slowly, over time, some have found their footing and have journeyed out, making a new path. Others have started out, but are crawling still...as they regain the strength that they once walked tall with. Some, I imagine, are still sitting in that same spot...the spot that they landed on when the news first came. Everyone is seeking out a new path now though. A new direction. A way to carry on...minus one.

The good news though is that God is there. He's there to help us stand up...help us take those steps in a new direction...help us carry on with joy in our hearts and our eyes heavenward. God is good.

I'm not entirely sure what path I'm on at the moment, or what direction it's heading in. I'm a bit of a floater as I'm without a house or job, and waiting for uni to start back up. I am excited for this year though. Excited for unknowns...excited for the hopes and promises God has spoken into my heart...excited for seeing all the beautiful Reservoir children...and excited for the development of new (and old) relationships.

Well 2008....lets do this.

1 comment:

The @ said...

"ready to stand beside you holding your hand down whichever path it is"