Saturday, February 18, 2006

It has begun!

Well, it's been absolutly ages since I've posted, so I thought it was about time I did.

I have survived my first week of Order 614. I've taken a few photos that have some of my team mates in them, so check those out on my msn space. I'll take a video tour of where I'm living soon, and post that up as well.

One of my biggest worries was about having a roommate. I was bound and determined that I was not going to have one, and spent a lot of time complaining about it the week or two leading up to the start of my program (sorry Matt!). But, God is good, and took care of everything.

I am rooming with a 17 year old from Perth, named Chloe. She is an absolutly beautiful soul, and has already in the past week been such a huge strength for me. She is just totally on fire for God and is such an inspiration to me. She's really been challenging my way of thinking and keeps me accountable in my relationship with God. We knew that we'd get along just fine when it was realized we're both deeply in love with Anchorman, and the quotes work themselves into pretty much every conversation we have.

This past week there's been some team building days, and some training sessions. I'm starting to get to know downtown Melbourne a bit more, and can find my way around better every day. Starting on Monday I've got a week packed full of training sessions...so not too excited about that, but I know it's all things that I need to learn.

The team I'm on is great, and overal everyone has been a really good support making sure I fit in and that I'm doing okay. It's looking to be a very amazing year. I'll do my best to update when I get to a computer, and keep looking for more pictures as I post them.

Just to finish off, I have to give a shout out to an absolutly hilarious blog that deserves a read if you get a chance. It's from the brilliant mind that is Matthew Atkins, so click here to have a look. It's definitely not to be taken seriously, but is good for a laugh, and you've got some creativity in you, leave a comment.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welllllllllll i'm totally speechless ... imagine ... God giving you an amazing roommate and having his hand on all you do... mmmm ... interesting

IMAGINE ... going all the way to Australia on faith and wondering if ....

love you girlie ... glad its working out .. not surprised ... but glad

muah xo
mom