Monday, February 27, 2006

Update...

I have a few minutes on a computer, so I thought I'd just write a quick blog.

I'm on my third week of my program, Order 614. Things are continuing to overal go really well, although I've had a few struggles over the last week or two. Right now we're just getting a lot of training in, such as first aid, safety in the workplace, and just orientation around 614 and the various programs.

I think things that I need some prayer for right now is just continuing to get used to living in a house with about 17 other people, and adjusting to the many different dynamics that comes with that, and the lack of personal time and space that seems to happen. In the last little bit I have been making a real effort to spend time in prayer with God in the mornings and evenings, and that's made a real difference in my focus and strength, but it's still a bit of a daily struggle.

I know that there is heaps that God wants to teach me over the course of this year, and there is a lot of growing I need to do and things that I need to work on. I'm just realizing that it's proving to be a bit of a struggle to just allow God to have complete control and to break me down, mostly because I tend to get easily distracted by things going on around me.

Anyways, I should be off because we're having a big ball tonight at 614 for the community, so lots to get ready!

Blessings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day at a time hon. One step at a time. Remember to not look at the WHHHOOOLLLEE PICTURE. Small pieces.

God gives us the strength for today. Not yesterday and not tomorrow, just today.

You are growing in ways you have yet to realize.

You are loved, supported, treasured and are an amazing tool of God's. Watch out melbourne.

love you
mom

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Esther, I have no doubt that you are doing an amazing job over there in Melbourne.

Know that there are heaps of people praying for you, and that God WILL PROVIDE.

He is already using you in awesome ways, and I know that He is teaching you more so that He can continue to do so.

Love and prayers,


Case

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther:

Your dear old Grandma and Grandpa over there in Surrey, B.C. have sat by the computer and read your Feb. 27 blog to-gether. Thank you for all that you are and all that you aspire to be in the Lord. Remember that the Holy Spirit is your best resource. "Come Holy Spirit I need Thee, Come in Thy own special way, Come Holy Spirit I need Thee, touch me and heal me I pray." Lots and lots of love.

We're praying for you dear Esther.