Thursday, April 06, 2006

Don't run with a chainsaw...especially if it's turned on.

Just wanted to write a quick blog while I had a few minutes in front of the computer.

First, to say...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!! And for anyone out there in Toronto right now, you can blame the sudden snow on my Dad. It always snows on April 5 (his birthday).

Also just wanted to give a quick update on how I'm doing. I haven't done too much this week as I was a bit under the weather. But, after heaps of sleep, I am finally recovering and was back into work this morning. Thank you so much to those who left comments on my previous blog. It definitely helped me figure some things out in my head. Also, really appreciate those who are praying for me...it's meant a lot. I am in a better frame of mind today..more so then I have been in a while. I've realized several things that I need to just let go of, and trust to God...so over the next little while, hopefully some things will become easier.

Winter is beginning here in Melbourne. I've honestly never heard any group of people talk more earnestly about the weather then those who live in Melbourne. But, I guess that's because it can change on a dime, so there is always something to talk about. I'm loving the cooler weather though. Reminds me of spring back home.

Pulled out a quote today from my wallet that was one of several by Max Lucado that my lovely Aunt Mel sent with me when I left Toronto. I thought that I would share it...

"Don't measure the size of the mountain;
talk to the One who can move it.
Instead of carrying the world on your shoulders,
talk to the One who holds the universe on His."

Also, if you get a chance, have a look at Matt's blog that he's written today. It's got some interesting points to consider, and make sure to leave a comment if it provokes some thoughts.

Blessings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Essie:

I am so glad that you are doing better. You are such a blessing to me and many more I am sure.

Love you lots!

P.S. I will definitely make sure the boys get a big hug and kiss from you.

Anonymous said...

We are reading your blogs faithfully and we are praying for your wellbeing every step of the way. Remember that "God specializes in things thought impossible. He can do what no other one can do." We are praying that the Lord will add to your stock of courage and confidence. Drop Caitlin and Isabel a note when you can fit them in. They need your prayers and encouragement. (We reviewed Andy and Joanne's wedding video the other day and the oohs and aaahs were many when you appeared in your dark green velvet dress and white muff! Love M & P from B.C.

Anonymous said...

Hi darling daughter, thanks for the well wishes, I can't believe how close 50 is getting! Oh well, you can't stop time! I don't feel that old anyway so all is good. Love you much and I know God is using you in a big way Melbourne, more than you may ever realize.

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther

I was sorry to hear you had been feeling under the weather. I pray for you everyday and the work you are doing in Melbourne. You are Special and I think about you often. I hope you were able to enjoy a nice Easter.

Love you lots
Linda