Monday, May 01, 2006

Back from holidays...

Well, it's been ages since I've posted so I thought it was about time to at least write up an update.

I am just back at work today after having the past week off. I had a wonderful visit from the fantastic Chris Tidd, who came down from Sydney for a week and a half as he had holidays as well. We spent the past week staying at the most hospitable Matt Atkins' abode, and enjoyed some sight seeing, an xbox system link, three birthday parties, two nights out to the comedy festival, heaps of rented movies, and most importantly, lots of sleep. Also got my first Austrailan haircut...but no worries...I didn't get a mullet, no matter how cool some Australians may think they are.

Overal, I'm doing well. Feeling refreshed and a lot more sound of mind after some much needed time off, and time away from my house and the city.

Oh, I also spent 5 days over Easter at camp, which was an amazing time away. Definitely a different way of spending the Easter holidays, but one that I very much enjoyed. It was great to see a lot of familiar Salvos from all different corps from this division. I also had the opportunity of leading an art elective for a homelessness project, and had twenty-three 12-17 year olds that I got to paint their thoughts reflecting the subject onto a huge canvas. It turned out really well, and was also a lot of fun getting to hang out with a lot of amazing youth.

So, I guess I'll finish off with some prayer requests. Honestly, I am struggling with a lot in terms of the program I'm on. There are a few things that are really breaking me down for various reasons, and some things that my own pride is getting in the way of and just causing me to stress about things that I need to just let go of. I'm hoping for a lot of clairty this week being back at work, and being able to hear God's discernment about a few things. I'll need to make some decisions soon...even just deciding about what I want to get out of this year, and in what ways do I just need to let go and trust God....so prayer about those things would be very much appreciated.

If you're one of the people who have emailed me ages ago, and haven't gotton a reply...I'm sorry! I'm currently working my way through the build up that is my inbox, and fighting through my procrastination to make sure I get some emails sent! Anyone that I haven't heard from, feel free to drop me a line...would be great to hear from you!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther!!!!

We have been wondering what had happened to you for the past few weeks. Your May 1 blog filled in the picture very nicely for us, thanks.

In the time since we last dropped you a wee note we have been plodding along and keeping our faith and fellowship with the Lord alive.

The farewell orders and appointments are now out and can be found on the Canadian Salvation Army web site if you would like to review them.

Our D.C.s are going to your Division and the Blackmans are coming to us from Saskatchewan. The Braunds, our Corps Officers, are staying on as are the C.O.s at Southmount. Andy and Joanne are in the midst of a significant change in their location and ministry - still in the Vancouver area but at a new church plant with Officer friends as their C.O.s. The details will be out soon.

All of us are keeping quite well with no sign of severe flu in this house. The children are all growing vigorously and the younger three are currently developing a "fort" among the blackberry bushes near the creek out behind our place. The dog, "Purdy" is sprouting and learning to behave like a lady should.

We think of you often and were praying for you this morning. We love you muchly. Read Phil 3:8 - 12.
M & P H (BC)

Anonymous said...

It is easy to do things for God when we understand them or like what it is, it is much more difficult to just do them because God has laid it on our hearts.

It is difficult at times to just take our hands off the wheel and let God take us where he chooses.

you are an amazing young christian woman, on an amazing journey. Enjoy the journey, don't focus on the destiny.

God is good.

love you
Mommy