Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A ramble update

I've decided that I'm going to write a ramble of a blog...so no real idea where this is going to go, but I'm going to type away anyways.

My intense weekend of collecting for the Salvos Red Shield Appeal has finally come to an end. I did my last shift this morning at a train station, and now I've finished collecting forever....well, until Christmas anyways.

For anyone over there in Canada who hasn't heard, this is my final day on The Order (my program here at 614). I've gone through my reasons and explanations so many times in the past two weeks, I really can't bring myself to do it again on this blog...but you can either talk to my family for more details, or send me an email and I'll go into specifics. I will say though, that I'm not leaving with negative feelings towards anyone on my program, and this has actually been a really good opportunity to make amends and bond with several people on my team who I hadn't had a chance previously to get to know. I will still be attending 614 here in Melbourne as my home church, as well as teaching Junior Soldiers. However, after trying out several options, I'm unable to continue my participation on the kid's ministry team at 614 as a volunteer, so I won't be able to be involved in the programs at the Flemington Flats (where I have been running kids programs).

Also need to say..I am not leaving Australia. I still intend to stay here for the remainder of the year, and head back to the great white north in December. I am looking forward to having my time table free up a bit, and have an opportunity to do more things here in Melbourne, as well as build on several relationships with people that I have met since being here.

The last month, mainly since just after Easter, I've been really struggling. There has been several things that have really broken me down and put me in a real negative state of mind that I haven't enjoyed at all. As well, I've been really homesick and just wanting to be in a familiar place that I can hide in and be with family. Since last week I have been doing a lot better though, and really just trying to get through this step of finishing up on my program and then get my head clear and focused and move forward.

One thing that has gotten me through though is really letting it sink in how blessed I am. It absolutely boggles my mind the support I still receive from people in Canada, and it always brightens my day to receive a text message or an email from someone at home. Thank you Jeff for your email last week, because it was exactly what I needed to hear and allowed me to really focus in on God again. Thank you Matt for supporting me through all this craziness and being someone I can depend on when everything becomes a struggle. And thank you heaps to my family. From text messages from my parents and siblings, to getting a Veggie-Tales e-card from Joseph, to getting emails from my Grandparents in BC, and to getting lovely cards and encouraging letters from Family in Toronto....all of it just reminds me of how much love I have at home, and that I know I'm being supported in prayer when I need it the most. God is amazing, and has really blessed me with incredible friends and family in my life.

So...I can't honestly say that I know what happens next. I know that today is my last day on The Order...I know that I'm looking forward to getting a good nights sleep and recovering from this crazy past weekend...I know that I get to go to the Junior Arts Camp next weekend to help teach the art elective...I know that my mum is coming to visit me in 43 days (YAY!)...I know that I'll most likely need to get a part time job in order to be able to financially support myself for the rest of this year. But besides that, I haven't really gotten much planned out. However, I should add, I KNOW that God is taking care of me through all of this, that I'm in His hands, that He will provide for all that I need, and that He has plans for my life that are beyond anything I can imagine.

To end this post, I think I'll say a couple prayer points for anyone who reads this who is able to shout out a prayer for me every now and then.

Please pray that God will provide for me financially, or that a job will work out so that money won't be an issue. Pray that a door will open so that I can continue ministry in some form at the Flemington Flats (where I've been working with the kids team with the Order Program). Pray that my ears would be open to what God wants to say to me, and that I would be open to His teaching and his guidance as things change over the next little while. Pray that I would make the most of every opportunity for the remainder of this year.

Thanks again to everyone who has been such a support to me, both in Canada and in Australia. It means more then you can even imagine. Everyone from home, especially my girls who are starting camp soon, feel free to drop me an email anytime to let me know how you're doing and with some things that I can pray over for you.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're right ... it was quite a ramble. lol

you definately have the gift of articulation my darling hadassah.

you have many gifts and much love.

God is Good ....

Soon and very soon .. I am flying to visit you ....

love
mommy