Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lets go fly a kite...

Moment of the week.

Spent this afternoon at the Flemington Flats for our Tuesday after school program that we've been running there. The weather is getting colder, but we still had 22 kids show up, including 2 new ones.

I have a little side kick every week. She's our youngest member, being only 3, and doesn't speak English. She usually just holds my hand and pulls me around to what activities she wants me to play with her.

Today she pulled me towards our fabulous kite we got a couple of weeks ago. So I grabbed it and we walked hand in hand out to the field. As we were walking, two of our 5 year olds came running out to join us as we began our kite adventure.

I must say that it was the most fun I've ever had flying a kite. The three kids are the youngest I've ever flown a kite with, but I've never seen more determination and team work to try and get something in the air. They each took turns to hold it, while another one ran with the string, and the third one did the count down to when it was time to run. Made me smile, and absolutely made my week.

Just thought I'd share.

Blessings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read your story I had two thoughts.

1) of mary poppins when the whole family went out flying the kite singing ... lets go fly a kite ...

2) how much you enjoy children and life and the 3 kidlets are the age of joseph

glad to hear you enjoying the simple things in life hon

love you
mommy

Anonymous said...

Hello Esther

It is amazing what kids can do when they put their minds to it like trying to get that kite afloat. Little do they realize they are learning a big lesson such as Team work. When we all work together wonderful things can happen in our lives.
I pray for you everyday and the work you are doing.

God Bless
Linda

Anonymous said...

Esther:

One of the things I love about you is that you just enjoy the little things in life and appreciate things the way children see them.

I'm glad that you were able to ejoy this special time! You can teach Joseph how to fly a kite when you get home!

Love you lots!

AM