Friday, August 18, 2006

Lights, Camera, Action!

A couple weeks ago I not only had my first experience at seeing a movie filmed first hand...I also was able to get involved in some of the tech work.

It's only about a 3 minute film, and it was all shot in one night, but none the less....I still enjoyed the experience.

A friend here in Melboure writes and produces short christian films, and wrote this particular one for a christian film festival. He asked Matt to play one of the two characters, so I got to go along to see the movie magic. Once there though, I was able to offer my services and be both the slate and sound operator...oh yes...I was multi-tasking.

Turned out to be a pretty decent film, and to watch it, just
click here. If you've seen V for Vendetta, then you'll understand where the idea of the dictator came from. Don't forget to watch the credits at the end for my name! I think it's probably the first time I've ever had my name in film credits...

Blessings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, a tad Orwellian if you ask me. But you got your 3 seconds of fame Essie!

Anonymous said...

I believe that you are forgetting your screen debut in "Cabbage Patch Kid from Hell"...a little known cult classic from a fresh faced kid from the rex hood. You had a credit there I must say

Esther Atkins said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

man...how could I have forgotten? Thank you for the reminder about that classic. Nothing will ever be as good as my acting in that timeless film.

Anonymous said...

very kewl movie. Tell Matt I thought he was brilliant. Now he's equal to you in your fame as "cabbage patch kid from hell".

love ya
mommy