Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A trip to Camelot

Well, twice in the span of one week now I've been able to cross something off of my list of things I wanted to do while in Australia.

I got a call last night from my friend Sarah, to ask if I wanted to go see the musical production of Camelot today at the Arts Centre. It turned out I didn't get a shift at work, so it worked out well because I was able to enjoy a free ticket to the theatre.

Sarah's friend is in the chorus, so she got 2 tickets to todays dress rehearsal for friends and family, before they had their first official show tonight. It wasn't the best musical I've seen, but I definitely enjoyed it none the less, and really loved the chance to get to go inside Melbourne's Art Centre, and see such a beautiful theatre.

After the show, we were waiting outside for Sarah's friend to come out, when I saw someone I recognized from TV (actually we saw an Australian comedian earlier, Tim Furgeson, when we were picking up our tickets, who Sarah pointed out to me...but it really didn't mean much to me lol). There's a new comedy show that started this year called "Thank God You're Here." (click here to see more about it.) Pretty much they get four Australian comedians each week to individually walk onto a scene that they know nothing about and do improv for the entire span of time that they're in the room. The title of the show comes from the first line that is said by one of the extras in each scene every time a new set plays out. And...(the lucky guy)...Matt actually gets to go to a filming of the show tomorrow night with a friend who got a few tickets, as it's starting up it's second season.

Anyways...the person I recognized outside the Arts Centre after the musical, was one of the girls who is on the show every week, who was obviously a friend of the lead actress who played Guinevere. So....I got Sarah to stand so that it looked like I was taking a picture of her...and I snapped a picture of the chick I recognized from tv.


The picture in the middle shows Sarah on the right, and then the comedian from Thank God you're here on Sarah's left (with arrows to two different pictures of her from the tv show) and the girl beside her is the lead actress from Camelot (with an arrow to the picture of her shown on the outside of the Arts Centre). Oh..and it turns out, the guy on the very left in the picture with Sarah, is the Australian comedian I saw earlier when we were picking up our tickets..though I wasn't meaning to take a picture of him lol.

So overall...another new experience for me here in Melbourne. Now...just need to see those marching penguins...

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very kewl.

I ran into Chris and Steve from the show So Chic last night ... I was soooo impressed they were walking along by my work and when i went into Rabba they did to and stood in line with me. I could've touched them. It was great. God gave me a great smile when I needed it most.

love ya
Mommy