Saturday, January 07, 2006

Survived my first week...

I've been enjoying a fairly relaxing summer holiday over the past week...Definitely a nice break. The weather has been gorgeous and I have been loving all the sun. Although currently I'm dealing with a pealing nose and forehead as I got a pretty bad sunburn earlier this week (you'd think I'd learn by now that I'm a red head...sunscreen is my best friend!).

I've seen lots of scenic sights around Melbourne, and have been taking lots of pictures (check them out on my msn space).

Yesterday I had a random highlight to my trip. While out running some errands with Matt, he got a phone call on his cell for me. General Eva Burrows had called and asked to talk to me. I was caught totally guard as that was the last person I was expecting to give me a call! But she said that she's heard all about me, and is very excited to have me in Australia. She also asked what Halsey I was related to, and turns out she knows my Grandpa Halsey very well. I guess it's good to know that people are excited to have me here!

Tomorrow morning we head off to "Afresh" Salvation Army Music Camp for the week. Please keep me in your prayers as I'm definitely nervous....one, about going to yet another music camp after finally facing my fears in August and going to Territorial...and two, about going to a camp where I know pretty much nobody. I'm in the dance and drama electives....both things which I'm not very talented at, so I'm just a tad worried about it.

Overal though, things are going well. I definitely miss friends and family though, but it is good to be able to call and email them at any time which makes things a lot easier.

Feel free to keep emailing me, as I love hearing about everything that's going on in the great white north!

Blessings!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm redhead ... sunburn .... sunscreen ... LIKE HELLO.

Your pictures are marvellous, you certainly look like you're having alot of fun.

About the random phone call ... WOW. If that isn't God letting you know his hand is on you .. I don't know what is. Very kewl. You represent so much more then you know my darling.

Good luck at camp, I am sure it will all go well as you are alot better in the drama department then you realize.

Love you lots, enjoy yourself and remember "who you belong to". God. Canada. The Salvation Army. and us who love and miss you.

Muah xoxoxo
Mommy

Anonymous said...

Jones Soda. General Burrows. Summer. Boy, things sure are rough. When are you going to the Hard Rock?

Esther Atkins said...

don't worry..it's on the list of things to do!!

I actually drove past it my first day here, and I was like, I need to go there!! I thought of you straight away :)

The @ said...

and the hardrock is like a block away from 614, she'll walk past it nearly everyday

oh and esthers face after the general rang... PRICELESS

Anonymous said...

ooooooo since General called Matt first that makes you the somebody and Esther the support staff ... lol

Keep her in line ... fulltime job buuuddddyyy

Esther's mom

-jess- said...

YAY! I knew you would survive! I'm praying for you this weekend! Embrace the music camp experience..lol...you'll do great!


Love you and miss you lots

Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther:

We here in rainy Van (21 consecutive days of rain) are following your accounts of your travels and contacts. Keep the tidbits flowing. We like them.

All are well here. Thanks for your phone call - sorry that I was not around to say hello.

Give our regards to the General the nxt time she calls you!

Love - Gpa & Gma H in B.C.

Anonymous said...

I was one of many lucky people to meet u for the first time this week at camp and it was such a pleasure! U did so well in both drama and dance, aswell as the devotions u lead for the girls.
hope to see u around heaps over the year
love bec
(your funky co-strutter ;)hehe)