Monday, October 25, 2004

Boys....

Sometimes I find myself getting frustated with males...

And it's usually after spending time hanging out with some of the guys from my church youth group, who are in the same age group as me...but act as if they're still 13 year olds, just hitting puberty.
And as I listen to their jokes, that only they (and 13 year old boys) would find funny, and watch them check out the young teen girls in our youth group...it usually makes me glad that I'm spending time in a relationship with God right now, and not someone from their spieces...

And then God gives me an opportunity to get rid of my frustrations and bitterness, and trust again to Him that there is hope for the male gender...

After a discouraging time with some guys in my youth group today, I had negative feelings at the back of my head as I was sitting up on the platform in the band during the church service.
And then as the ushers were asked to come forward for tithes and offerings, I watched as an elderly couple of our corps walked to the front, casually holding hands. It was such a simple thing, and probably didn't seem out of the ordinary to them...but it was such a beautiful representation of love to me, and what God can do in a realationship when its trusted to Him.
And then a few minutes later I looked at one of the front rows of pews in the congregation. My cousin/best friend was sitting with her boyfriend, and he had his arm around her as they were listening to the service. Once again, such a casual show of affection, but for me it was so incredible to see, because I know what horrible relationships my cousin has gone through, and the heart aches that she's had to suffer through...but I also know what a God-given relationship she is in now, and how important her boyfriend is to her. And seeing them there sitting together just hit me as another reminder that God brings people together to find love and incredible relationships, when it is trusted to Him.

I've gotton better at it, but I need to continue to work on not getting bitter with guys. If I get frustrated I need to focus myself back on God, and encourage my brothers in Christ, instead of being negative and taking it out on them when they might be at a different place in their walk then me.

And my knight in shining armour will come one day...in God's time. I'm not ready for him yet, and he isn't ready for me. But one day....

2 comments:

joel.ivany said...

Hey,

Thanks for the post...
is it rude to ask who this is? You're in Toronto and that's all I know

Esther Atkins said...

haha, not rude at all...
My name is Esther Halsey. I'm a good friend of Chris Tidd's. I met you briefly after the Wednesday night program at Territorial...when there was a crowd of us all saying our goodbyes to Chris.
I got your web link from Phil and Josh's website...I'm also good friends with Phil.
Hope that helps!
God bless!