Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Job

Well, I'm at work right now just killing the last half hour before my shift is done. I haven't had a day shift at my work for so long, I forgot how much I liked it. It's pretty great getting paid to hang out with kids...yay for getting money for doing something you love!

I read an interesting devotional written by David Crowder today. He was looking at the life of Job. He was saying how sometimes we just have "one of those days" or even years it feels like..where nothing goes right, but seems to go right for everyone else. And how then we can look at Job and say...yes I know what suffering you're going through, nothing goes right for me either...and then in turn just throw ourselves a huge pity party.

But then David Crowder said, that that isn't at all what we should get from the story of Job. Yes he suffered, and nothing went right, but it definilty doesn't end there. Did he throw in the towel and give up? Did he waste his life feeling sorry for himself? Definilty not!! Sure he sometimes stubbled and questioned why it was all happening to him...but he then immediatly looked back to God and just clung to Him with every ounce of his being. Who else can make that claim?

I'll be honest...on some very emotionally trying days, all it takes is someone to make a smart remark to me and I decide that the world hates me and no one would notice if I crawled under a rock and disappeard. Now, thats not every day, or that often (thank goodness haha) but...in those moments where I feel the most discouraged, or alone, or let down...what do I turn to? My own pitiful feelings of defeat and shame? or to my Father in heaven? and praise Him even though I feel that life has given up on me?

I definilty need to learn, that even over something as foolish as getting toothpaste on my clean shirt (which happens far to often..this morning being an example..) that if it gets me upset, I need to immediatly turn my thoughts to God, and to praise Him for my life, my next breath..and the countless blessings after that that He has given to me, and will continue to give to me until the day that I die....

so my question to you...are you a Job?

No comments: