Friday, October 22, 2004

Fearless Love

I've never posted on my own site before...so bare with me as this is new...

I came apon a verse last month that has really stuck with me.
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

No fear in love.

The "love" chapter in 1 Corinthians 13 had always been a favourite of mine. Such a beautiful description of what real love is, and not this trashy wordly view of it.

But then I came across 1 John 4:18...no fear in love.

What does it mean to have a love so perfect, that you have no fear?

I imagine thats the kind of love that allowed Jesus to keep himself up on the cross. A love so strong and perfect for his Father, and for all of us, that all fear was driven from his mind and soul.

Fearless love...what I can only hope to strive for...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't love that kept Jesus on the cross.

It was the nails.

Esther Atkins said...

Pieces of metal couldn't of held Jesus to the cross if He hadn't desired it to.
He had to have had the conviction...