Monday, November 15, 2004

It's a beautiful mornin...

What an absolutly BEAUTIFUL day out today!! Did anyone else notice the gorgeous sunshine? I mean it's probably only about 10 degrees out..still a little chilly...but its just so nice out, you can't help but be in a good mood! I think it affected a few other people this morning as well!!

Started with my brother, my dad, my two sisters and I all waking up in chipper moods this morning! Can I tell you how rarely that happens? Especially for me...I'll be honest...I'm not the most audible or cheerful person in the morning haha..but this morning when I came upstairs from my room in the basement and I still had bed head and my pj's on, and my dad said a very bright "Good morning!" to me..I actually responded with an equally bright response! Okay..maybe not such a huge feat for some people..but the response my dad normally gets from me is a half hearted grunt that forms no particular word at all. And then we all were running a couple minutes late (I have to get there by 9:30 to teach pre teens, Donna had to set up for Junior church, and my dad has bible study), but none of us seemed to be stressed about it. And then the trip to church, which is normally filled with overally tired, grumpy people, was filled with hysterical laughter, over a converstation which I can't even recal (probably wasn't even that funny, but it seemed so at the time) and then all of us arriving at the church in splendid spirits!

So then we are all in the teen room for the first 15/20 minutes or so of "Breakfest Club" aka..sunday school..where the teens down some toaster strudels and socialize (kindof nuts this morning as Amy wasn't sure where the food was, and then the toaster...but it all worked out in the end, and the teens were happy because they got food) and then I took my pre teen class to the cramped YP Band room where we have our class. This year is my first time ever teaching a Sunday School class..never really thought about myself as much of a teacher, but no harm in trying!! And I'm absolutly loving my class. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth getting a couple of them to talk though..but not this morning! That beautiful sunshine outside must of got to them too, because did they ever just keep talking! Oh man...it was the best class yet. They were absolutly hilarious and the guy who usually never talks, just wouldn't stop talking! It was so much fun. Oh..and..can u believe this..they didn't know what a sword drill was!?! I think anyone in my age bracket and older knows what a sword drill is if you spent any length of time attending some sort of class or study in the Salvation Army. For those who don't know...it's when you hold the Bible over your head and you yell at a verse and then the first person who finds it, wins. So pretty much the Bible = the sword. So I taught them what a Sword Drill was...and also since I was an expert cheater at this when I was younger haha, I made them hold their Bibles by the spine so they couldn't stick their fingers in the pages anywhere like I used to do. So that ended up being a lot of fun, and they got right into it! (Yay for teaching 11 & 12 year olds to learn where books in the Bible are without them knowing it! haha)

And then of course was the church service...which was really good. I have really really been loving our church services since September. They now pretty much every week go until 12:30 and no one seems to notice now that they've gotton longer, and God's prescense is just there the whole time so its just awesome. Of course a couple people sneak out near the end as I'm sure they have roast beef at home that is starting to burn, but besides that, everyone is just right into it until the end. It's just so great that church is focused on God for the entire hour and a half (which yes, church is supposed to be anyways, but it doesn't seem to happen in a lot of places).

And then the fam (minus my bro as he went with Amy and some other youth out for lunch...and plus Paul Trim, but he's an extended family member anyways...) went out for lunch. And this, once again, can sometimes be "interesting" ..depending on the family dynamics at the time. But it was a lot of fun! Although "apparently" I talk too loudly for a "restaurant setting" according to Dionne..pfft...as if I can get loud..........but if I was loud I blame it on the fact I think my ears are a little plugged because I have a *cough* slight cold *cough*.......

But anyways. I think on days like today, you just have to take a minute to appreciate something like the beautiful sunshine outside, and just be glad to be alive! Its amazing how contagious a good mood and a smile is! And if for one reason or another, you haven't been outside today, or you need something to appreciate..then take a minute or two right now and just thank God for something simple in your life that makes you smile!!

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every stiatuion..I can do everything through him who gives me strength." - Phil. 4:12-13

Keep Smiling!!

No comments: