Monday, November 29, 2004

Somebody to love....

Well..I'm doing better today.

I'm actually sitting here dancing and singing away in my computer chair to "somebody to love"...cept it's probably not the version you're thinking of. I'm going to guarantee you've probably never heard of this version. It's sung by Anne Hathaway (Princess Diaries chick). It's from the movie Ella Enchanted. I've watched it like 3 times this week. It's just one of those simple feel good movies that is great for the whole family. Anyways, when she's visiting the giants (in the movie) she (Ella) sings "somebody to love" and it's just so catchy and cute, so I love it. Sometimes you just need something cute and simple to make you simple. Maybe that's just me...Or a girl thing. Either way, it works.

So, like I said, today has been a better day for me for just feeling positive. I started feeling a lot better after having a conversation with a very good friend of mine who just gave me some encouraging words. And as I hold what he says in high regard, and it was a perfect timing type of conversation, a few words definilty went a long way. (Thanks again chatchi)

I also went tonight to a "Youth Force" meeting at DHQ for youth leaders and representatives for our division. I went with our youth pastor from Scarborough, as a representation of our youth and ministry team. Overall I enjoyed it. It was awesome to get to see lots of familiar faces, like the ignite team and 614 representatives, and youth pastors from other churches. But it sounds like there are lots of ideas and plans for the youth of this division just to get united and on track for God. For some of the things, it'll take a bit of time and planning, but if God is kept at the centre of it all, I think it's really going to work out incredibly. It was awesome to see so many people just ready to give their all to get things going for the youth in this division. One of my friends was there who isn't a youth leader, and I just jokingly asked why he came tonight. He said that he cares a lot about the youth in this division and hopes to some day take on a larger role. And that is really really awesome to see. Just leaders rising up to take on the roles and job of leading this next generation into battle for the Lord. I think overall it was just refreshing for me to see that the Army definitly isn't dead and there are lots of people right here in our division willing to fight for the future of this next generation of youth coming up.

We really can't just keep continually hoping that there will be a revival of the Army or just of God thriving in peoples lives. We need people to keep stepping up to the task and challenge of leading these young warriors in the right direction. There is soooo much potential that is just untapped in all of the corps around this division!! I can see it right in my pre-teen Sunday school class. They've got so much to say, so much God-given talent, and so much passion to back it up, and no outlet for it! I am definitly excited for the next year or two as things are going to start picking up. And I'm even more excited for the opportunities for God to use me to help get things going!

I think that's about it for now. I'm tired and definitly need to head off to bed. Well...After I listen to my song one more time. Maybe a little hair brush karoke is in order before hitting the sack...

No comments: