Thursday, February 24, 2005

Engagement & Syrup

Jocelyn and Joseph

Jocelyn is my life long best friend, and other half. We're about 5 weeks apart in age, as well as cousins, and spent our first 17 years of life living down the hall from one another. We've been through quite a bit of the ups and downs, but always came out on top. She has been my guiding light in building my relationship with God and never gave up hope for me, even when I couldn't find it for myself. I am so proud of who she is and how she is grown. And I would just like to take this opportunity to say congratulations to Jocelyn and Jeff for their recent engagement! I couldn't have picked out someone more perfect for her! God's fingerprints are all over Jocelyn and Jeff's relationship and I couldn't be more proud or excited for them!

And I would just like to share a funny story about my other cousin in the picture above, the almost 3 year old, Joseph. Yesterday I spent the afternoon riding the TTC with Joseph, as we had gone to visit my sister at work. So apon returning to my Grandparents house, I decided to stay for dinner. We enjoyed a lovely dinner of waffles, and I managed to even finish eating without getting any syrup on me (a miracle in itself). I was sitting across the table from Joseph, and watched as he decided he was finished eating and then attempted to dump the remaining waffle pieces onto his mom's plate beside him, but ended up with them all over the table. He then shook his plate around in the air for a minute, flinging syrup everywhere, before returning it to the table. Jocelyn (who was sitting beside me) and I then watched as Joseph starting splashing around in the syrup puddle that was still on his plate. He used both of his hands to repeatedly smack the plate, getting his hands covered. As he didn't think anyone noticed him, he then moved onto his face. He fully put his face smack down into the syrup puddle, splashing into it repeatedly with his nose. And once again, as no one said anything to him, he continued onto his elbows. He got both elbows into the syrup and swished them around the plate, getting all of his lower arms covered as well. It was at this point, that I just lost it into hysterics and had to hide my face behind Jocelyn so that Joseph wouldn't think that I was encouraging him. His mom caught on that he was bathing himself in his remaining syrup and took his plate away. I then got the wonderful responsibility to take him to the bathroom and wash him off...so much for the no syrup on my clothing.

1 comment:

jill said...

I can picture that in my mind-the syrup bath, I mean. I was in stitches laughing!