Friday, February 25, 2005

You make me feel like dancing....

Do you know what is a fail-free way for me to get into a good mood? To dance. It works everytime. I'm sitting here right now out of breath, as I just had a frantic dance around my living room to some pumpin tunes. I usually use the excuse that I need to clean my room to blast music and then dance around my floor and jump on my bed. But it always puts me into a good mood. Between the energetic music, the release of pent up energy and the realization of how funny I must look, I always feel fantastic after.

Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that as kids, we always used to do that. Saturday morning (after the cartoons) always meant chore time. It was definitly a drag, but we always looked forward to the music. We would have the stereo in the living room just blaring, and we enjoyed whatever tunes it was that my mom put on. Between Bare Naked Ladies, The Nylons, Boys 2 Men, Rod Stewart, Garth Brooks, and oldies cassettes, we had our fill of music to dance to. It's such a great family memory for me. I remember my mom dancing around the living room with us, and we were all just so happy.

Yes, I am 22 in less then a month (holy geez!) but I refuse to ever completely grow up. I hope that I will continue long into my life dancing around my house while the music is blaring. Why move on or let go of something so positive that sets me free and makes me happy?

I just read my friend Peters blog entry from today. It's entitled "Be a kid..." Give it a read (click here). It's a fantastic refresher of what it felt like to be a kid, and how simple things were...in comparison to how complicated we make our lives when we get older. A good reminder. And it's given me even more motivation to keep on dancing.

Blessings!

No comments: