Thursday, February 10, 2005

I'm not in Kingston anymore...

Well, it's been a while, so I thought I should update.

I've been back in Toronto now since Sunday night. There is a lot of things that have hit and impacted me about my two week trip to Jamaica. But I am still adjusting, reflecting and praying about a lot of things since being home, so I'm going to wait a bit longer before posting something in direct regard to my trip. In short though, it was a wonderful success and we completed the project that we set out to do. I have been blessed from this trip in so many ways, and I'm praising God for being able to be a part of this Mission Team.

Last night when praying and doing some thinking, I wrote this out, so I thought I would share it. I think it's kindof my new vision and realization of what God is, and who He can be for different people. It's more then just empty words...it sums up how I witnessed God moving in Jamaica and in the lives of the children who I met.

You Are...

You are a Father to the fatherless
You are a stronghold to those who are weak
You are the eyes of those who cannot see
You hold the hand of all those who walk alone
You cry for the lost
You pain for those who are suffering
You are a healer of broken hearts
You are the smile on a child's face
You are the way home to those who are wandering
You are music to those who cannot hear
You are compassion, You are love
YOU ARE GOD

3 comments:

-jess- said...

Wow! I can't wait to hear in detail all about your trip. Just reading your blog I got goosebumps, I know that God used you incredible ways and will continue to speak to you through your experiences in Jamaica! I love you and am always praying for you!

jill said...

Awesome! Can't wait to hear about all the incredible things God is doing because people said yes to God. It's beyond my comprehension!

Burnin'Light said...

Wow. That is awesome to hear that God is doing such marvelous things in your life. To go to a place like Jamaica and serve his name must have been awe inspiring. I pray that God keep working wonders in your journey through him.