Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Barefoot Dancing

Yesterday we had Brooke's birthday bbq, which was some fun times! It's always entertaining to see a baby enjoy her first piece of birthday cake! Then last night Chantelle and I went for a walk through Wascana park and watched the sunset on the Lake..it was gorgeous! I added pictures to my MSN Space from both activities.

Today the sun is shining..and it hasn't rained! Finally! So I decided to take Dakota for a walk while Chantelle was napping.

I noticed that Dakota does something funny when she goes on a walk. While she is walking on the pavement, Dakota trots along very proper like alongside me (always on the left side for some weird reason). But the moment that one of her little paws hit the grass...she reverts to her energetic puppy form and begins leaping, rolling, and running in circles. So, as it was obviously becoming impossible to keep Dakota on the cement path that we were walking on, I gave in. I kicked off the sandals, turned up the volume on my disc man, and spent the next hour running and dancing through a field with a very enthusiastic 3 month old puppy. There is just something about dancing barefoot in the sun with some great tunes going that brings a smile to your face and just brightens up your day. Not to mention that it was great being secluded in the middle of a large field, as no one (hopefully) could hear me singing horridly out of key along to my disc man.

My song pick of the day for my dancing excursion was "No one like you" by David Crowder Band..I love it!

You are more beautiful
Than anyone ever
Everyday You're the same
You never change, no never

Everywhere You are there
Earth or air, surrounding
I'm not alone, the heavens sing along
My God You're so outstanding
How could You be so good to me?
Eternally I believe...

Some days you just need to just stop walking along the proper road, kick off the shoes, and dance around barefoot in the grass....

Only 5 more days till the wedding!

No comments: