Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Summer Days

Staff Orientation is well underway.

I have to say, above anything else I might be feeling about this summer, I am extremely excited about my cabin leaders. God has definitely pulled together some incredible leaders to minister to these kids over the next two months. Its one of the youngest camp staff's I've seen...but also the most focused, spiritually strong, and energetic group I've ever seen pulled together!

I am struggling though with some personal issues. With being able to completely release this summer to God...with feeling apart of the leadership team and that I'm actually needed at this camp...with feeling a bit alone amongst a staff of 75...and as well as feeling drained from issues that are plaguing my heart and mind outside of camp stuff that I am having serious difficulty with just letting go (letting go is always the hardest part...)

So, for all of the above, please keep me in your prayers. I want desperately to be able to focus on the here and now...to be able to be used as God's servant to minister to my cabin leaders, and to the campers. I want to be able to let go of all the selfish personal issues of my heart, and have a clear mind and spirit to be able to handle all that will be thrown my way over this summer.

Campers come in 5 days...

3 comments:

Heather Princess said...

I agree! You will do a fantastic job and anyone should consider themselves lucky to be under your leadership!

Have an awesome summer...remember to have TONS of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pippi, remember you're never alone (Psalm 121). I'm praying for you and you know you can call me ANYTIME!

-jess- said...

Hey Hunnie! I know how hard it can be to let go, trust me I'm struglging with that too, but God is bigger and stronger than the selfish desires of our hearts and he will prevail and take control!
DOWN WITH LOVE UNTIL OUR PRINCE COMES!

Love & Prayers