Saturday, June 04, 2005

Land of Living Skies

So, I figured I should update, since I haven't posted since arriving in Saskatchewan.

Travelling from Vancouver to Regina, I had the experience of riding in the smallest plane I've ever been on. It seated about 40 people, had only 2 seats on each side, and you had to walk outside and go up little stairs that unfolded from the plane in order to get to it. I was scared out of my mind, but I had a nice gentleman sitting beside me who gave me some reassurances that we would survive the flight....and we did!

It is absolutely fantastic to be in Saskatchewan again! I haven't been here since last Feb, and was desperately missing this province...along with one of my favourite people in life, Chantelle! I've been doing a lot of relaxing, and just hanging out, which is nice. Everything is a lot slower paced then Toronto, and I love it.

It's been raining every day since I got here, which kindof sucks. But the skies are still beautiful and once the storm clouds pass, I get to see that beautiful sky underneath.

I have finally gotten to meet beautiful Brooke, Chantelle's niece, who is turning 1 this weekend. I'll get to go to a birthday bbq for her, which should be awesome. I've also gotten to meet the cutest dog I've ever seen in my life...Chantelles new puppy, Dakota. (if you go to my MSN space you can see a few photos of both Brooke and Dakota!)

Well, we're about to head out as we're meeting up with a friend for lunch..and then tonight, meeting up with another buddy of mine for coffee. Should be another fabulous day of crusin around to country music, and only 9 more days until the wedding!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vancouver forgotten already? We miss you out here especially since every visitor has left. How quiet and uncomplicated life has become. Grandma is beginning to regain her pep and management skills.

Have fun at your Sask. activities and enjoy the wedding.

Love,
Grandpa H.