Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Great Family Gathering

My time in British Columbia is rapidly drawing to a close.

Tonights celebrations for my Grandparents 50th anniversary were a huge success, and it was a well enjoyed time had by all. It was an incredible experience to have all 4 children of my grandparents, and as well to have all 10 grandchildren, in the same place at the same time...first time in 20 years that all the family has been able to be together. A lot of memories were shared, and beautiful words were spoken. It's such an inspiring and beautiful thought to think that my grandparents have been married for 50 years, and they still look at each other with as much love, respect, and friendship as they did when they were first married!

Here are some random highlights and favourite moments from my visit out to BC:

- Marissa (6yrs old) sitting on my lap...looking up at me with a sweet smile..then proudly announcing that she had just 'trumped' on me...and then falling into a fit of giggling as I looked at her with shock
- watching Caitlin (10 yrs old) build mount Fugi out of sand on the beach at White Rock
- laying down on Isabels (8 yrs old) bunk bed, and reading an inscription that she had written there.."I love Dogs..and God...and Horses"
- playing in the creek with all 4 girls and finding a whole coconut floating in the water
- Bradley attempting to sing "power of your love" with Di, Donna, and I
- going to Red Robin with all the older girl cousins "I'm going to steal a glass!"
- having a very inspiring conversation with my grandpa
- seeing my 4 cousins take part in a production of the Lion King
- My uncle enlisting his nieces into a child labour envelope ring
- Teaching Caitlin and Isabel to hang spoons off of their nose...and cheeks..and chin..
- Recieving random "I love you's" from my cousins
- Teaching Caitlin how to pose for a picture with her finger in her nose (my classiness continues :P)
- The twins being entertained by Bradleys antics

- My grandpa's simple, yet brilliant sense of humour - Donna: "Are you communicating with whales?" Papa: "Nope...monkeys..didn't you understand it?"
- Seeing my dad, his 2 brothers and his sister all in the same room with their parents for the first time in 20 years

Now, it's off to Saskatchewan!

7 comments:

Esther Atkins said...

hehe...more great memories

and I have to and one more moment that just happend this morning during breakfast...

Amy: "Are you still dating Jesus? Is that why you don't have a boyfriend?"

The @ said...

fuji, not figi, thats a type of pudding not a mountain

Esther Atkins said...

I fixed it u punk :P

Anonymous said...

matt u should comment on what it says and not the spelling mistakes. GOSH.

Esther Atkins said...

hahahahaha...I love it

The @ said...

but tiehr so flul of spleling mitsake, I cnat unredsatnd the pniot!

Esther Atkins said...

you're so full of spelling mistakes...