Thursday, May 26, 2005

Beautiful British Columbia

Beautiful indeed!! The last two or three times that I've flown out to Vancouver, there has always been an overcast..but not this time! My sister Dionne and I got the full incredible view of all the mountains and hills as we flew into BC last night..absolutely breathtaking!! So, we have arrived safe and sound..and I have survived yet another plane trip. I think my nerves are starting to get a bit stronger when it comes to riding airplanes, but I doubt that I will ever be fully calm with the take off and landing bits (Di graciously held my hand during those parts...and even put up with me almost jumping out of my seat when the plane dipped). But they did show "In Good Company" which was awesome because I really wanted to see it (and I thought that the ending was fantastic the way it was!).

We got picked up from the airport by our Uncle David, who is also from Toronto and had arrived earlier that day. We got to ride in the lap of luxury as he had rented a spiffy Cadillac..including butt warmer seats...which despite the fact that it was 18 degrees outside, I most definitely used!

It's been 2.5 years since Di has been out here, so all the fam was very glad to see her beautiful face. We had a few quiet moments with our grandparents, and with our aunt, before the energetic bunch of cousins arrived home. The twins (who are now 6..holy geez) played shy for all of 30 seconds, and then resumed normal status and were climbing all over us. Isabel is now 8, and Caitlin is 10 (and nearly the same height as me! Good glory!), and it was really awesome to get to see them again. We got flooded with pretty cards and pictures of flowers that they had drawn for us as a welcome present. So, overall a fantastic arrival night I'd say.

This morning, it is another beautiful clear day outside, and Di and I are just taking our time to relax in our pj's and enjoy some holiday time. I think we're going to go for a walk in a bit to enjoy the sunshine. Donna and my dad head out here to join us tomorrow, and then my mom and Bradley come out on Friday.

Tomorrow, my Uncle David is taking Di and I whale watching!! I'm so pumped! I've been out here loads of times, but never have been able to go...should be really exciting!

Oh..on a random note (Dad, this is for you). A few minutes after arriving, I took Di out to the back porch that leads out from my Grandparents part of the house, as she hadn't seen the extended bedroom that has been built there. When I was here in September I stayed in that room, and had left (for the second time) my cell phone charger there (since Sept I've had to use a car charger..). Before my dad left us at the airport I asked him if my family had ever found it, but he said no. So, just to make sure, I climbed over the bed, and dug out the extension cord that was there, and guess what was still plugged in? Yup..my cell phone charger. Had a couple laughs over that...and it's good to have it back again...so long as it actually comes home to Ontario with me this time...

Blessings!

(P.S. Everyone..please feel free to email me, as I'll have access to a computer over the next 3 weeks while I'm away!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the weather out here AMAZING? pippi you guys need to come visit me on the island before you go back to TO!!
~BC~

The @ said...

and about "In Good Company" I soooo think that ending is awesome too,

even though, giving up the hot girl would be hard, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

Esther Atkins said...

this is true...but I thought that it was the girl who realized she needed to move on, and broke up with him? :P

Heather Princess said...

Ummmmm....I HATED that ending. It made my heart sad and I wanted my happy ending! And I don't care what anyone else says...happy endings are wonderful!

Esther Atkins said...

it was a happy ending though! he learned that he couldn't solve his problems by being in a transition relationship..which is all that really was..and he learned to stop thinking about what he thought should make him happy..but to actually find out what would actually bring him happiness. plus really she was just a kid and needed some freedom to focus on school :P