Thursday, May 12, 2005

Placement Update

I had my placement interview yesterday morning for school in September. To sum it up...it was an amazing interview.

Right from when I walked into the room, I felt calm, relaxed, and confident. The lady interviewing me was really nice, and easy to talk to. She was really impressed by my work experience with the Children's Aid and my previous placements, and loved to hear that I had spent a lot of time this year that I took off of school volunteering. She brought in one of the CYW's to meet me, and she as well was extremly nice, and was excited about the prospect of me being there in the fall.

I was able to pick which age group I wanted to work with, so I choose the 12-14 year olds. A lot of the program is based on relationship building and implementing therapeutic goals for each student who is at this day treatment centre. There is a lot of one-to-one work, which I'm really excited about, because I loved getting to know kids and working with them on their goals.

I also get to wear jeans and runners every day, and I'm only there from 8-4...I am so excited!


I left the interview absolutly pleased, and I'm actually a bit excited for school to start in the fall!


There are still a couple minor details to work out, but overal, things are looking really good!


Thank you to everyone who has kept me in their prayers over the past few months regarding school!


Blessings!

No comments: