Sunday, May 01, 2005

Update from England

Hello from Southport England!

Well, just because my sister bugged me about it, I thought I'd put up a quick post!

I arrived in England safe and sound Thursday afternoon! Yay! I had some difficulties on the plane ride over though..as there was about half an hour of turbulance...and I don't really do well with that as anyone who knows me will know. So I popped in my Passion Hymns Cd and totally put my attention on the book I was reading and was able to remain calm for the most part (even though I didn't have you holding my hand Donna!) And then I almost missed my connecting flight in London as the airport is so huge and it took me about an hour to get from one plane to the other and go through immigration and all that jazz. But alas..I survived both flights and arrived in Manchester no worse for the wear.

I have been having an absolutly incredible time!! Right since I got here God's been really close and just telling me lots, which is so awesome! It has been so great getting to see Chris again, and catch up. I have been meeting a lot of really incredible people, having a lot of laughs, and sharing some great experiences (and learning some great British lingo!) I am taking lots of pictures (even though Chris keeps making fun of me and calling me a tourist...but thats what I am!) and trying to write down and keep track of as many memories that I can!

Roots is pretty incredible I must say. I am really enjoying being apart of the create team with Chris, and helping with a venue that uses art and different forms of prayer to allow people to draw close to God. We were a little unsure of how people would respond to our stations we set up, but things have been going really well, and God is just present in our create tent..so amen!

This afternoon we have the Roots Big Picnic..where they will be gathering all 5000 participants together for a time of games and such. As well, we will be attempting to break a world record, to raise awareness about Human Trafficking. We will be trying to have the largest group of people breaking balloons at the same time (and it has to be within 10 seconds!). I'll let you know how that works out!

Well, I guess that'll do for an update! And I'll write again when I can!

Cheers

1 comment:

-jess- said...

if someone asked me if i missed you..i would tell them that i do..just in case you were wondering...lol...you..complete..me;)