Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Little Pink Tricycle

I think that I have finally recovered from my jet leg and starting to feel a little bit more normal and like myself again. It's always hard to adjust back to everyday life after traveling and having a bit of an adventure..but there are plenty of things to keep me busy here at home and to be looking forward to as the summer approaches.

I have to share a highlight of my weekend. Sunday evening while we were packing up the van after the 614 service in Regent Park, there were several kids out playing on the bikes. One little girl, who I think was about 4 years old, rode her little pink tricycle up to me and asked if I wanted to see how fast she could ride her bike. I answered with "of course!" and spent the next 10 minutes or so watching her demonstrate all her fabulous skills that she had mastered on her tricycle. She also told me about her siblings, her favourite colour, what school she goes to, and several other important conversation pieces that occupy the mind of a four year old. As the van finished being packed up, I told my new friend I had to go and that it was nice to meet her. She said "wait!" and insisted that I couldn't leave until she sang a song to me. So she got off her bike, walked over to me, and as I kneeled down to her height, she proceeded to sing the "I love you" Barney song to me, which absolutely melted my heart! After the song was finished I said thanks, gave her a hug and waved goodbye. Gotta love random moments that make your heart smile!

Tomorrow morning at 9:30am I have my interview for my school placement for the fall. Things were hectic before going to England, for myself and the lady who is interviewing me, so it's had to be put off this late. I am nervous about it, as although it's not a paid position..it is a very official interview and definitely extremely important for my school year in September. Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for this, and that I will appear calm, confident, and a right fit for this placement position!

Well, I'm just finishing up my shift at work..so that's about it for now...

Blessings!

1 comment:

Heather Princess said...

That's Beautiful! I sure miss those Random Moments!