Monday, June 20, 2005

The Care Bear Countdown

Today I had my first adventure in Carealot.

You know..the place..in the clouds..with the Carebears. Well my 3 year old cousin, Joseph, has taken quite a liking to this quality childrens cartoon. In recent months he's even created "Beastly" (bad guy from the Carebears) as his invisible friend.

Anyways. Today at our family "Father's Day BBQ" at my Uncle Brad's house, Joseph and I took a trip to Carealot. We were just sitting on the porch steps, hanging out, when Joseph decided that the plastic tennis rackets we were holding, were now paddles. So..we began to paddle. I asked "where are we going?" and my cousin looked at me and said "No-Hearts castle!" (No-Heart is the ultimate bad guy on the Care Bears show, for any of you who were deprived as a child and missed out on this fantastic cartoon). We then proceeded to walk all around the back yard, continuing our paddling with our plastic rackets, until Joseph pointed up at my Uncles house and exclaimed "There it is! There's the castle!" So with the rest of the family sitting in the backyard watching us with confusion...Joseph and I crept up slowly to the house and went inside (we had to be very quiet and sneaky as all the bad guys were sleeping). Over the next 10 minutes or so we went to nearly every room in the house seeking out all of the bad guy crew, waking each of them up with some crazy yelling, streaming them with a "care bear stare" and then giving each other a high five with a hearty "good job!" This was definitely the highlight to my weekend, after a very long week up at camp.

Just wanted to also say, to my dad...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! You are a truly incredible man of God, and I am beyond blessed to have you as my dad! Thank you for everything you've given me in all aspects of my life throughout my 22 years, and for never giving up on me! I'm not sure how you've raised 4 kids like us, and lived to tell about it, but thank you for all the time, effort, energy and love you have poured into our lives! I LOVE YOU! Muah!

Only 6 more days until the camp staff comes up for orientation..yikes! Time is quickly going by, but as things are beginning to get organized and planned, I'm getting more and more excited for all that God is going to do this summer at camp!

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for my sanity while planning and getting ready for the summer! Please continue to pray for this camping ministry as it gets under way!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pretty incredible yourself #1 daughter!!