Thursday, September 29, 2005

Hey, Hey....Hey Beautiful Day!

It's been a beautiful day!! What can I say?

First off, if you haven't heard the song "Night fill my song" (Hey Beautiful Day) by Bedouin Soundclash, you need to. It's definitely been my song of the day, and I refuse to believe there is any way that you can not have a smile on your face and a tapping foot while listening to this tune!

It's been a day stuffed full of fantastic events, and I'm definitely giving God all the glory for that!

As most people know I've been trying to think of ways to come up with some extra money, as I'm planning my trip to Australia. Well, today, two totally separate things came up for me to make a bit of money, and I'm very excited about that! Both in their different ways were answered prayers, and I'm thankful to God for the little reassurances that He keeps giving me, that it's all going to work out!

I also got down to Regent Park today, and visited some kids that will be in my squads that start up in a few weeks. I've been down to Regent a couple times for church since the end of summer, but I haven't had a chance to just walk around in the Park...and I hadn't realized how much I missed it! Throughout my walk I randomly saw about a half dozen kids at various spots, who stopped to either give me a hug, a smile, or just a "hi Pippi!" and a wave from across the parking lot. I only ended up seeing three out of the ten squad kids that I needed to visit, but the other random meetings definitely made my day, and put a smile on my face!

I also had the opportunity to head out to Newmarket and meet up with the beautiful Sam Nolan (a.k.a Capizzio).

I definitely miss my girls from camp, so it was so awesome to get a chance to chat and catch up with this crazy cat! Of course our discussion was quite serious and full of very important issues...such as deciding that Cappi will run Camp Wabana next summer in my place and make all the children dance for hours in the quad wearing a crazy hat, and only one shoe...just one...not two...just one.

Honestly, Sam, you are one of the most beautiful people I know, with such an incredible soul. Don't you dare ever stop dancing, shouting random words, and just being you. Don't let anyone EVER make you feel less then what you are (and what you are is a princess of your Father in Heaven!!) and don't ever lose your passion for God and for serving others!! Chicky, you're an inspiration in my life..don't ever change!!

Tonight my dad arrived home for a two day work trip down to Detroit where he was learning about some new machines or something equally interesting. And something very exciting..he arrived home with presents!! I definitely am the proud new owner of a Mr. Incredible Pez Dispenser...love it!

And, final fantastic event of the day. Brace yourself for it.....I HAVE A CREDIT CARD! As excited as I am that someone finally trusts me with one (I definitely did a dance around the living room), this is another little answer to prayer, and it's something that I now get to check off my list of things I need to get before going to Australia in 3 months. God is good!

So ends my beautifully fantastic day.

Thank you Lord for all the small, yet beautiful moments you bring every day into our lives. May we take the time to notice something fantastic about each day that you bless us with.

Blessings!!

1 comment:

Heather Princess said...

I know you will have an awesome time in Australia! I am so happy that things are falling into place for you!

GOD IS GOOD!