Friday, September 23, 2005

Simply this...

This is a picture of my cat and dog that I took last night. Normally they are fighting, hissing and growling at one another if they're in close proximity...but even if just for a moment, they let down their guard and just sat chillin, enjoying each others company. I love those simple moments.

On Sunday, at the beginning of my Jr class that I teach at church, I announced to my kids that I was leaving at the end of December to go to Australia. To my surprise, that was met with a lot of disappointment and frowns, as they informed me that I wasn't allowed to leave as they would miss me too much. I love those simple reminders.

Today, at work, one of my girls found out that she gets to go on a visit to see her Dad and Grandma this weekend for the first time in a few months. She was so full of joy that she cried, and the frown that had been on her face all day, lifted and was replaced by a beautiful smile. I love those simple feelings of happiness.

On my way home from work, I crossed Eglinton on my way to Kennedy Station. As I walked across the road, the crossing guard showed me a big smile and said "have a great evening, okay?" and I smiled too because I knew he was sincere and it uplifted my heart. I love those simple smiles.

On the subway, I watched as an elderly lady sat down next to a complete stranger. The elderly lady explained in honest admiration "I love those sandals! Where did you get them?" I watched as the sandal lady beamed and proudly showed off her bright, shimmery lime green shoes to the inquiring stranger. I love those simple compliments.

Tonight I attended a beautiful youth service, in which the youth pastor boldly spoke about the love God had for each and every one of the 25 youth who were sitting in front of her. "He's going to love you..and He's NEVER going to break your heart!" I saw that not only were these words heard by the youth...but they were believed. I love simple love.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

RIGHT ON!