Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's a royal occasion...

Today's my royal..or champagne birthday (meaning I've turned 23 on the 23rd).

It's offical...I'm old.

One of my house mates this morning told me that it's a wonder I'm still alive, and it's all down hill from here. Fantastic words of encouragment lol.

Day is only half over...but favourite moment so far. One of the guys who come into the drop in centre who I've been spending a lot of time with over the past week or so getting to know, suprised me this morning with a beautiful birthday card. He knew it was my first birthday in the southern hemisphere, and away from home, so he wanted to make sure I still felt like it was being celebrated. Love it.

8 comments:

The @ said...

spose i'll have to get you a crown you Queen you.

Happy Birthday No 11

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you (still Wednesday here) so extra time to contemplate you and your special day and we are.

Lots of love

G and G B.C.

Anonymous said...

Esther, Bester, Fester, Tester.

Happy Birthday.

Love you lots and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I don't know what you mean about feeling old. You will always be younger than me. (lol)

Love you lots!

Hope you have had a great birthday!

Love AM

Anonymous said...

Hey ... i birthedid you ...hatched you ... so if anyone should get the champagne ... it should be me ...

just kidding ...

hard to believe you're 23 my darling pumpkin... wishing you all the best .. love you tons

love mommy

-jess- said...

Happy Birthday to you, you live in a zoo, you look like a moneky.....AND....you SMELL like one too!!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Esther!! You'll always remember this birthday - sun, fun and sadly, yes, getting older....but also wiser, and that's never a bad thing!

Got your message....will try call back sometime when I'm feeling smart enough to figure out the time difference (I suck at math, even math that simple!)

Glad to read of your adventures in Oz....full of God's glory.

Esther Atkins said...

Yup definitely am reading wicked! actually only a few pages left to go and then i'll be done!! how is it? WEIRD. seriously mind boggled at how they made a musical out of it!! no clue how it would be a comedy or a musical..but hey, i guess they can make a musical out of anything nowadays.

emma was good, but definitely cannot top pride and prejudice! got kindof boring near the mid way part as theres just so much TALKING..but i'm sure you'll still love it, so give it a read.

love ya!