Monday, November 20, 2006

Dancing Dave

Last weekend we had the random experience of attending a proper dance competition. Our good friend Dave has been doing ballroom dancing now for the past year, and I must say he's quite good at it!

It was a bit humorous to sit amongst hundreds of professional and student dancers and to be in an atmosphere that I've only seen on tv. But, I definitely enjoyed myself and can appreciate the hard work that people put into training in this form of dance.

I was also very proud of Dave, and how great he looked out on the dance floor! We saw him do the quick step, the tango, salsa, the waltz, and about a half dozen others! We didn't stay quite until the end (as it was an all day competition) but he let me know that he won three 1st places, seven 2nd places, and one third place!

Here are two video clips I took of him dancing with his partner.




Congrats Dave!

No comments: