Monday, November 06, 2006

Trying to get a 'Phil' of Halloween

Even though this is a few days late..

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Though I am currently in a country that does not celebrate this festive and fun occasion, I took it upon myself to carve a pumpkin anyways. The fantastic Mr. Atkins took me to a very random fruit market, and there I picked out the biggest, and most orange, pumpkin I could find (which still wasn't that big...nor very orange..but what can you do). They don't have the proper huge orange pumpkins that we have in North America...and they eat pumpkin a heck of a lot more often then we do (though never in a pie...they're missing out I tell ya!), so I did the best I could. Here are a couple pictures of "Phil" (his name is care of Matt).


I also ran into a lot of interesting discussions being over here in this great land over the time of all hallows eve. I've heard the discussion before about Halloween being about the devil and witchcraft and all that sort of thing....but never to the extent that people in Australia believe it to be, which is why this holiday is so frowned upon. As a rebuttal to this argument though...I direct all who read this to the following article..."A Snarky Halloween History."

Though it contains a lot of sarcasim and humour, it is very informative, and an interesting read.



And that's about all I have to say on the subject.

Oh and if anyone got too many Reese Peanut Butter cups in their trick-or-treat bag...save those for me.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love halloween! Great job on the pumpkin.