Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Beautiful Soul

I was thinking today about the blessings that I have in terms of the people in my life. There are definitely several beautiful souls that have been huge strengths to me in various aspects of my life and been there at crucial points when I needed someone the most. I wanted to take a minute to highlight one particular person who has been and continues to be a huge influence in my life.



This is the beautiful and fantastic Sharon Hann.

Sharon is one of the most genuine and selfless people that I know. There is nothing fake about the love and passion she puts into everything she does...and everyone she meets. I think literally every time I meet up with Sharon we meet somebody new. She has this simple and inviting smile that she always wears that just seems to draw people to her. We could be intentionally setting out to meet someone who is sitting panhandling on a downtown street...or just walking and talking...but somehow we always meet someone new who seems to be drawn to her friendly and beautiful spirit. She is definitely the type of person that I could just never get sick of spending time with and I learn from every time I have a conversation with her.

Some people have told Sharon that she's too trusting...that she's not careful enough with the people that she meets and puts time into talking to and showing the love of God through her words and actions. But it's just not true. Sharon has been blessed with such an incredible gift of just genuinely loving people..no matter who it is. And with the gift of meeting people...without fear or judgment.

I was told by someone that we met once that I was the "protector"...that I was with Sharon to look out for her and make sure she didn't come to any harm. Truth is...I don't ever worry about Sharon, even when she tells me of people she met while walking somewhere alone at night. Because I know that God gave her this gift for a reason...and He is always walking with her. In a city like Toronto where people are afraid of the unknown, and unwilling to bridge the gap of brokenness and loneliness...Sharon is one of those beautiful souls who are constantly reaching out to those who need love the most, and does so without fear of the unknown or judging what might initially appear to be ugly or unwelcoming.

Sharon has been an incredible positive Christian influence in my life over the past six years or so...especially over the past three. She has been there with a listening ear, encouraging and sympathic words, and always with prayerful support. I thank God so much for all that she's brought to my life...for all the laughs and good times that we've had, for how she's helped me to grow in my Christian walk, for all the wonderful conversations, and for how she's continually challenged me to look outside of myself and into my surroundings to see God and how I can love His people more genuinely.

Sharon...I love you and I don't know where I'd be without you. Never change (especially not for any boy lol) and continue to love God and those around you with all the passion that you've been blessed with. God's got such an awesome plan for your life, and I can't wait for the next exciting step in your journey of life!!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I don't know Sharon very well, nor do I know you very well, but for the time I have spent with Sharon, I have also experienced her genuine personality. I know that sometimes when I meet people who are like that, my first instinct is to think that they're fake - but genuinely positive and friendly people DO exist out there, and Sharon is one of them.

peter said...

Agreed Sharon is a great person who will continue to do great things.

Cheers,