Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!

It's the end of March already...where has this year gone?

It's been a pretty busy last week or so as I spent last weekend up at Jacksons with about 80 Regent Park kids, and then spent this week helping with the March Break daycamp down in Regent Park. But I love camp, and these kids are absolutely awesome, so I've loved every minute of it. It's going to be weird having Monday come, and not having any kids to spend the day hanging out with. But I do have a few shifts coming up next week at work, so thats something to look forward to.

I had the privledge last night of attending a Good Friday Passover meal and then an outdoor candlelight service with singing and prayer down in Regent with the 614 Corps. It was a pretty cool night just taking the time to remember how important this weekend is. I don't have a lot of great Easter memories I realized last night, besides just it being a weekend that we used to have family Easter egg hunts when we were kids. But I think it's because growing up I never really let it sink it what exactly this weekend meant, and how important it really is. It's unfortunate how easily it can become redundant and we forget how beautiful and valid the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is. But I had a few really cool moments last night with God, which is always awesome, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow, when we celebrate the resurrection of our living God.

In a couple days (Tuesday) I have to call my school to find out if I've gotton a placement for my third year of school in September. When I went for my meeting last week, my teacher informed me that I am "out of sequence" because I took this year off, and I will be placed last because of that. So, I'm trying not to think or worry about any of it, and just let God take care of that whole matter for me. I've been thinking about September a lot over the past couple of weeks, and I think that God is going to reveal to me soon exactly what needs to happen....so continued prayer over school and the fall would be much appreciated!

I've realized over the past few days how weak I can become when I turn my focus from God. I've grown a lot over this past year in my relationship with God and have learned to trust Him over a specific area that I've struggled with my whole life. But it's interesting how easily I can slip up as soon as I try and take control and turn from the guidance of the Lord. I'm really trying to get myself back on track in this particular area over the Easter weekend and give it all back to God. I just need to remember to be humble and find all my strength, completeness, happiness and confidence in Jesus first and foremost...

Blessings this Easter weekend!

No comments: