Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Passion

"Passion is a word approached with fear by Christians. Our first thoughts are often towards physical passions and the dangers they bring. But passions are also gifts from God. Passions for the things of God and the work of the Body.

We can inflame passions, quench passions, ignore passion and some try to kill passions. I believe it is within our passions that God often reveals the gifts he has provided.

Paul had a passion for the people of Israel. His fellow Jews so filled his heart he desired eternity away from God to bring them salvation. This passion was honored by God to make Paul a tool to reach the Gentiles.

David was filled to overflowing with a passion for God and music. These worked together to provide history with songs of praise, worship and adoration for the creator of the universe.

Where are our passions today? What sits upon our heart and brings out emotions of love, desire and a need to accomplish? For me one of my God given passions is for music. I can be moved through well crafted and heart filled music. Where logic would fail to reach my heart, music waltzes in and moves my heart to dance."
- Dr. Robert Chick

No comments: