Friday, April 15, 2005

Handle With Care

I love nothing more then a good conversation....and today was full of them.

I spent all three of my meals today with different people, in different locations...communicating about very different things. And in between those meals, I spent time with a couple other people, once again having some good chats about various different things.

One conversation has lingered the most for me in my mind, and I have spent a great deal of time since the chat, mulling over the words that we shared and the memories that the topic brought up for me.

It's interesting to notice how many people look back at decisions they've made in relationships with the opposite sex, and wish that they had done things so differently. I most definitly fit into this category.

When I recount for the different interactions and relationships I've had growing up I sometimes look back in regret, embarrassment, and disbelief. Did that really seem logical to me at the time? Was I really that blind? Was I really that trusting and gullible? Did I really set standards that low for myself?

I aim to not linger on the regret though. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that God can use a broken and horrible situation for His glory and for the betterment of the believer. I am the person I am today because of the situations I've gone through, and because of what my gracious and forgiving Father has taught me through my irrational and naive decisions.

Something I have learned over the past little while though, is how God never intended for these things to happen. Did you know that He never created our fragile and emotion filled heart to be broken? Did you know that He wants to guard your heart jealously until you have learned and grown enough that it can be trusted in the hands of someone else?

I wish I could drive that message into other girls who are currently finding themselves in the same situations that I was once in (I say girls..because I am one, so those are the experiences obviously that I had). Don't settle...don't be in a relationship with someone because you're lonely and seeking to fill the void. Not all guys are liars...not all guys will hurt you, use you, and break your heart. The Lord wants to make you a strong, confident, and mature woman of God. And eventually...you will meet that guy who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated...like a princess.

As ridiculous as it may sound to some (as it did to me growing up), trust God with your relationships. Trust God with that boy you think you need to be with. Trust God when you think all you need to be happy is a guy who tells you that you're wonderful and the best thing since sliced bread.

Trust God with your heart.

3 comments:

The @ said...

Hmmmm, i love sliced bread

-jess- said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

Heather said...

I very much agree with you in what you're talking about. Amen sista!