Wednesday, December 28, 2005

So long..farewell...

I've decided I hate goodbyes.

The last two weeks have been full of random goodbye hugs and kisses as I see people for the last time before I leave..and the last 24 hours has been the hardest with saying goodbye to the people closest to me that I've put off saying my farewells too right up until the last possible moment.

I've shed some tears with the majority of goodbyes of the past little while...saying goodbye to my Regent kids, my sunday school class, Scarborough youth, my 614 family, highschool friends, the Ignite team, and my closest friends and family. I've literally not been alone for more then half an hour in the last 3 days (including at night because I've had three sleepovers with my sisters), so I have definitely not let myself have time to let things sink in or have a proper cry about it all. I know a big ridiculous girly crying mess is on the verge of happening and will burst out at some point today. I'm hoping it'll happen when I'm sitting waiting to board the plane in front of a bunch of strangers, and I'll just make a big hysterical scene. Good times.

So I've 3 hours until I leave for the airport, and still not quite finished packing (I'll never shake the procrastinator in me...). Goodbye to everyone I didn't get a chance to catch up with. And I could never thank my family and friends enough for the support, love and encouragement I've been getting over the past few weeks leading up to me leaving. I am definitely leaving Canada with a sense of love and a knowing that I will be missed, and that is an amazingly beautiful feeling to have to carry with me.

So...goodbye, and I'll post again when I've arrived on the other side of the world.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I hate goodbyes toooooooooo! I'm still not over saying bye to camp/ newfie-land peoples! I misss you sooooooooooooooooooooo much pippi! You rock my socks off! I will you lots of luck in Australia!
Love hugs and prayers!!
~Chip