Friday, December 02, 2005

Just be brave.

Just wanted to make a quick post as a short follow up to the previous one.

Something was pointed out to me by a friend in regards to all the comments left.

As a general observation...it seems that all the males who left comments stated that it really doesn't matter if it's the girl or the guy who makes the "move" or initiates the relationship, so long as someone does to get things going. And then on the other hand...it seems that for the most part the females who left comments stated that they would really much rather that the guy did the asking out.

So...I guess two lessons learned.

Girls. If you aren't too afraid to make a move. Do it. The guy just might be very glad you did..and definitely won't be offended that you took things into your own hands.

Guys. No matter what day in age it might be...girls will always be sappy romantics at heart, wanting to fussed over and given a reason to swoon. So..you want to impress a girl? Put yourself out there, be a man, and ask her out. Even though the girl might be okay with making the first move...she likes it even better when she doesn't have to, and will feel that you like her that much more for taking the risk and showing that she was worth it.

I know that guys get just as scared about making a move and stepping up as girls do, and to them it really doesn't matter who gets things going...but in all honesty, the above still stands. I know someone who will continue to argue with me on this subject...but it's definitely nice for the girl who always has to initiate..to find a guy who is willing to take that task off of her hands and pursue her for a change.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your groove - I do deeply dig, no walls only the bridge. my supperdish, my succotash wish (sing it baby). I couldn't ask for another (Uh-huh uh-huh) (I-I-I-I-I I). No I couldn't ask for another. Groove is in the heeart - Ah-ah-ah-ah.

***

Sing and dance to deelite - while presenting a sculpture in personal likeness of your crush in goulash, and I swear. their heart will be yours.

Esther knows! I think I just lost a few potential friends. I'm not crazy!

Esther Atkins said...

And if that doesn't work...

present them with cupcakes with your initials on them + theres. It's a sure way in!!

"umm..why does my goulash likeness have a squished head?"

"that's because it's supposed to look like barf."

The @ said...

Canadians..... :S

Esther Atkins said...

jealous

Esther Atkins said...

maybe it is because you are able to handle a girl making a move when you aren't interested in her. but i think thats more a "you" thing, then it being a guy thing. like, i know guys who if the girl did make the first move and they weren't interested...they panic and totally draw back from the friendship and things are just never the same.

and i know from personal experiences times when i've been able to not be awkward and still be friends with a guy when they made a move and i wasn't interested...but i also know times i totally drew back and things were definitely never the same.

so maybe it's just a case by case scenerio, based on how you personally can handle situations like that..and not neccesairly a gender thing??

The @ said...

hmmm well I'd have to back chris up on this one

Too many times girls turn way off on friendships when they find out about a guy liking them

Guys seem (note seem) to not, they would be flattered and hopefully would be straight with the girl (if they aren't interested)

and this isn't just from my personal experience, have heard it many a time from both sides